This recipe was from the fantastic cookbook My Secret Ingredient which is filled with over 120 delicious, healthy, achievable and creative recipes.
Paprika Potato Wedges
- 8 medium potatoes, cut into wedges
- rice bran oil, for drizzling
- ground paprika, mild, for dusting
- 2 large chicken breast fillets, butterflied
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 wholemeal (whole-wheat) dinner rolls, with sesame seeds
- 1 cos (gem) lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 8 teaspoons aioli, for serving
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (250ml) olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) fan-forced.
- Place potato wedges on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with a small amount of oil. Dust with a generous amount of paprika and season with salt. Toss well and cook for 1 hour.
- Tenderise chicken fillets with a meat mallet and cut each breast into quarters. Place soy and lemon juice in a bowl and add chicken pieces.
- Heat a grill pan (or frying pan) on medium to high heat with one teaspoon of oil. Place chicken pieces in the pan (to avoid over crowding the pan, cook in batches) and cook each side for approximately 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked (lower heat if they are browning too quickly).
- To prepare aioli, place egg, egg yolk, garlic, Dijon mustard and lemon juice in a food processor. Season with salt and blend. While the blender is in motion, very slowly pour the oil through the spout until it becomes a nice thick texture (store any remaining aioli in a jar in the refrigerator. Will keep up to 10 days).
- To prepare sliders, place 1 or 2 lettuce leaves in each roll. Top with sliced tomato, chicken fillet and one teaspoon of aioli.
- Serve with potato wedges.
Serves 4 (2 per person)
This recipe was from the fantastic cookbook My Secret Ingredient which is filled with over 120 delicious, healthy, achievable and creative recipes. It is a must for every home cook’s kitchen. Inside you will find recipes to cover every meal of the day – brekky, snacks, lunch, afternoon tea, soups, salads, sides, dinner and desserts. Recipes are quick and easy to prepare and made with easily accessible ingredients. Whether you’re feeding the family or entertaining guests, you will find the perfect recipes to choose from.
Emily Rose Brott is the author of Have Your Cake, a healthy baking cookbook, and Healthy Home Cooking for Kids.