If you struggle with cooking fish … give this simple idea a go.
- 4 large handfuls of English spinach
- 4 atlantic salmon fillets, skinless
- 1 punnet (250g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 teaspoons capers
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees (335F) fan-forced.
- Prepare 4 large sheets of baking paper (roughly 30cm x 40cm). Place some spinach in the centre of each sheet and top with a salmon fillet. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter cherry tomatoes and capers over the top of the salmon (disperse evenly).
- Drizzle with a small amount of oil.
- Bring the sides of the baking paper in at the centre and fold and scrunch to close.
- Place each bag on a tray in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- To serve, drizzle with a little more oil and serve with a lemon wedge.
This recipe was from the fantastic cookbook My Secret Ingredient which is filled with over 120 delicious, healthy, achievable and creative recipes. It is a must for every home cook’s kitchen. Inside you will find recipes to cover every meal of the day – brekky, snacks, lunch, afternoon tea, soups, salads, sides, dinner and desserts. Recipes are quick and easy to prepare and made with easily accessible ingredients. Whether you’re feeding the family or entertaining guests, you will find the perfect recipes to choose from.
Emily Rose Brott is the author of Have Your Cake, a healthy baking cookbook, and Healthy Home Cooking for Kids.