Summer is here and ‘tis the season to Netflix and chill – I’m talking chill literally, like with the A/C cranked up!
Do you ever feel like the TV isn’t your own? In my house the kids monopolise both TVs. Netflix is used to play non-stop Moana and Wild Kratts. By the time bedtime comes around I never think to watch something grown up. But there is so much great adult content on Netflix – I think its time to regain control of my telly!
Whether you are looking for something to binge-watch to unwind over the holidays or something to keep you awake while you wrap all those pressies, here’s fifteen must watch shows on Netflix right now:
- Alias Grace – In 19th-century Canada, a psychiatrist weighs whether a murderess should be pardoned due to insanity. Based on Margaret Atwood’s award-winning novel.
- Bill Nye Saves the World – Emmy-winning host Bill Nye brings experts and famous guests to his lab for a talk show exploring scientific issues that touch our lives.
- Black Mirror – This sci-fi anthology series explores a twisted, high-tech near-future where humanity’s greatest innovations and darkest instincts collide.
- Cable Girls – In 1920s Madrid, four women at the National Telephone Company ring in revolution as they manage romance, friendship and the modern workplace.
- Dark – A missing child sets four families on a frantic hunt for answers as they unearth a mind-bending mystery that spans three generations.
- Godless – A ruthless outlaw terrorizes the West in search of a former member of his gang, who’s found a new life in a quiet town populated only by women.
- Mindhunter – In the late 1970s two FBI agents expand criminal science by delving into the psychology of murder and getting uneasily close to all-too-real monsters.
- Riverdale – While navigating the troubled waters of sex, romance, school and family, teen Archie and his gang become entangled in a dark Riverdale mystery.
- Santa Clarita Diet – They’re ordinary husband and wife realtors until she undergoes a dramatic change that sends them down a road of death and destruction. In a good way.
- Shameless – This dramedy based on a British series centers on siblings in a dysfunctional Chicago family who struggle while coping with their alcoholic father.
- Stranger Things – When a young boy vanishes, a small town uncovers a mystery involving secret experiments, terrifying supernatural forces and one strange little girl.
- The Crown – This drama follows the political rivalries and romance of Queen Elizabeth II’s reign and the events that shaped the second half of the 20th century.
- The Good Place – Due to an error, self-absorbed Eleanor Shellstrop arrives at the Good Place after her death. Determined to stay, she tries to become a better person.
- The Punisher – A former Marine out to punish the criminals responsible for his family’s murder finds himself ensnared in a military conspiracy.
- The Sinner – When a young mother inexplicably stabs a stranger to death, a sympathetic detective struggles to unlock the mystery buried in her missing memories.