If you are lucky enough to be in a capital city this 2017 New Year’s Eve then you should be able to get to some pretty amazing fireworks with the family.
If you aren’t then there are stacks of other regional and country centres who are also having celebrations with fireworks.It is just impossible for us to list them all sorry 🙁 … try your local press or websites for details.
Enjoy an evening of free, family-friendly frivolity as Brisbane’s New Year’s Eve Fireworks Spectacular returns to South Bank. There’s no better way to ring in the New Year – the full list of entertainment includes:
- Free fireworks shows at 8:30pm and midnight (each show goes for 10 minutes);
- Food trucks serving up savoury and sweet fare at the Cultural Forecourt from 11am until late;
- Free live music performances from City Sounds artists at Rainforest Green from 3-8pm; and
- Free family-friendly movies on the Cultural Forecourt from 12:30pm
Often the most celebrated show in the country is over the icons of Sydney. Pre-show entertainment from 6pm and fireworks at 9pm and midnight local time.
Crowds are always large and so its good to get your position early or drop in at that rich uncle’s place on the harbour 🙂
Melboune has fireworks and a range of stage and screen entertainment at Yarra Park and Footscray Park with fireworks at 9:30PM.
At midnight the rooftop fireworks can be viewed from anywhere that yo ucan see the city skyline. That means vantage points can be found all over Melbourne.
Canberra is set to ring in 2017 with a fantastic line-up of free entertainment including two live music celebrations and state of the art fireworks this New Years Eve. Civic Square hosts an all ages concert line-up while Garema Place brings in the New Year with bass beats and high-energy dancing.
Two world class fireworks display will light up the city at 9pm and midnight. Bring a picnic and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere as you celebrate the new year with family and friends.
The city council supported fireworks festivities will centre around Elder Park. The heritage music Rotunda will be the centre piece. There should be family friendly fireworks around 8.50pm and then the midnight fireworks show to bring in the new year.
6:00pm: Fairground and food traders open for business 7:00pm: Live Music, Kids Street Theatre stage and Roving performers begin 9:00pm: Fireworks 9:15pm: Live Music, Kids Street Theatre stage and Roving performance programing resumes 12:00am: Fireworks 1:00am: Event Close
Welcome in the new year with free fun for the whole family. Enjoy live performances and entertainment in Northbridge from 4.30pm.
Fireworks at 9PM and midnight and street entertainers, stage and screen shows to help the celebrations.
Ring in the New Year at Darwin Waterfront, kicking off the night at 5pm with a free outdoor concert and a fireworks spectacular at 9pm and 12 (midnight). Find a spot with a view, spread out a picnic rug or your own chairs and settle in for an evening of entertainment for the whole family.
This year’sevent New Year’s Eve will include;
- Howard & Sons fireworks displays at 9pm and midnight.
- Family fun from 5pm to 9pm including a Hoot and Hootabelle’s owl pal playdate, local live music and face painting.
- The second part of the event will feature a free live concert from Diesel who will perform a free live concert from 9.30pm with crowd favourites like ‘Cry in Shame’, ‘Tip Of My Tounge’ and ‘I Don’t Need Love’ and a midnight fireworks display.
Once again I am sorry that we can’t list every great local council or private display in Australia but have fun and I am sure most places have some near you.