This is Bloggerati Getaway proudly sponsored by Dubai Tourism.
After having baby Ellis 3 months ago, never in my wildest dreams did I imagine myself jet-setting off on a plane to some exotic destination to get the experience of a lifetime.
A few weeks ago I was invited along with 20 other fabulous Aussie bloggers to fly to Dubai for 7 nights to experience the best it has to offer (HOLY MOLY IS THAT SOME KIND OF JOKE?) #myfirstthoughts
This was real, people, and my jaw nearly hit the floor PLUS believe it or not you too could win the opportunity to come along with a friend and hang out with us for the trip (keep reading for competition details).
To be honest my head is still spinning a bit and I am in full organisation mode making sure Miss 7 doesn’t miss her dance recital, Miss 4 doesn’t miss her pre prep breakup, Miss 7 can be there for her last day of school party and both girls have safe and loving people to care for them while we are away (Husband is coming to help look after little Mr so I can go off and play woohoo). Luckily we are blessed with some fabulous grandparents, who are happy to go the extra mile, take some RDOs and make sure the girls don’t miss out on their end of year celebrations.
The countdown is on with only 5 weeks until take off and this Christmas season is looking to get a whole lot more silly (good silly).
We are being brought over by Dubai Tourism to experience first-hand the rich culture Dubai has to offer.
Some things you might not know about Dubai are:
- Dubai is the perfect playground and incorporates a cloudless sky, endless desert, rugged mountains, the waters of the Arabian Gulf and remarkable facilities.
- Dubai is home to over 200 nationalities, which has helped develop a culture that’s one of a kind: in which global traditions, attitudes, customers, religions and lifestyles have merged harmoniously. Yet despite being a uniquely tolerant and multi-cultured society, Dubai prides itself on its Arabian roots.
- Dubai has a portfolio of more than 625 hotel establishments. And when it comes to location, there’s the choice of a city stay, a beachside resort or a desert retreat
- Almost every weekend Dubai hosts at least one remarkable event, with a calendar encompassing arts and sport, food and books, music and lights, heritage, fashion and shopping.
I am still in that pinch me mode of disbelief that I will be getting on a plane in 5 weeks to see, smell, taste and experience the amazingness of Dubai with all of its extremes.
It was only just over a month ago School Mum joined the Bloggerati team, which is a part of Nuffnang Australia’s top blogger community. It has been a wild ride ever since and we have been over the moon with this new adventure.
NOW I am headed to Dubai with baby Ellis – who would have thought?
It gets even more EXCITING as one lucky blog reader PLUS a friend have the chance to share the Dubai experience by entering to win a trip to Dubai to come along!! How amazing would that be!
I so so so so so hope it is one of my lovely School Mum readers!
This is what you need to do to enter …
Answer this question … “What you’re dreaming of in Dubai” and share this on social media with the hashtag #NNDubaiDreams and #mydubai
In order for your entry to be valid you:
- Must use the two hashtags #NNDubaiDreams and #mydubai
- Upload an image, text or video
- Share on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
- Entries can only be valid as long as they’re publicly visible and include those hashtags.
The competition prize:
- The winner and a +1 receive flights from their nearest capital city, accommodation, and activities in Dubai. You will be travelling in part with our group, but not included in all activities. Includes flights, accommodation and activities.
You can check more information on the competition here …
You can find out the terms and conditions of the competition here …
So what are you waiting for … you have to be in it to win it 🙂