I decided to have a bit of fun recently and make some fun food for the kiddos which was healthy and playful.
This wasn’t really for the lunchbox more a treat every now and then or something I would do for afternoon tea or a birthday party.
I stumbled across this idea of the fairy toadstools and thought it was awesome!!!
Cheese Sticks from the fridge section
Natural Yogurt or Mayonaise
1. Cut one cheese stick into 3 pieces with all varying lengths.
2. Cut cherry tomatoes in half
3. Place cherry tomatoes on top of cheese stick upright. (I found that they naturally sat on top with no issues and did not need to be secured in any way as long of the cheese was cold)
4. Using a skewer dab mayonnaise or yogurt on the top of the cherry tomatoes for toadstool effect.
5. Cut up some lettuce into shreds and sprinkle around plate to create grass like effect.
6. Place back in fridge until ready to consume.
One thing to note is that if you live in a warm place or it is summer once the cheese warms up out of the fridge it becomes quite floppy and the cherry tomatoes fall of the top. I would recommend that once you have made the toadstools to place them back in the fridge to keep the cheese firm until you are ready to serve.
The other thing to note is that my 6 year old daughter helped me make these no problems at all so a great activity to get your kiddos involved in for fun!!
EAT AND ENJOY!!