Hi School Mums! My name is Amanda and I am the author the cookbook ‘Food before 5’. I have 3 children and am always on the lookout for lunchbox and afternoon tea recipes. These are some of my favourites and I hope you can use them in your house too. If you are interested, please check out my cookbook which is for sale via the ‘School Mum’ website.
Amanda (Food before 5)
Whip these up in no time at all and you can’t beat them! These moist banana muffins are perfect in the lunch box or great with a glass of milk for an after school snack.
- 125g butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups self raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- tsp mixed spice
- 1 cup mashed banana
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12 muffin pan with cases.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter & sugar until light & fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Sift the flour, bicarb of soda & mixed spice into the mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add banana, sour cream & milk. Mix well.
- Spoon evenly into muffin cases & bake in preheated oven for 18 – 20 mins.
Tips: Can go straight from the freezer into the lunch box as they will be thawed by lunch time.
Storage: – Room temperature, in airtight container for up to 3 days.
– In fridge, in airtight container for up to 1 week.
– Freeze, in airtight container/freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Post written by Amanda Arnold.
My name is Amanda and I am mum to 3 kids and author of a cookbook called ‘Food before 5’.
‘Food before 5’ is a cookbook with 85 recipes that are easy, affordable and realistic for any home cook. It includes lunch boxes, starters & sides, main meals and desserts that can all be made ahead of time so you don’t have to cook during the 5pm rush hour.
It is the perfect tool for the busy family dealing with after school sports, homework and toddlers who need LOTS of attention at that time of day. Trust me… this book WILL help you in the kitchen.
If you want to become a Fellow School Mum and stay updated with all the latest then click here!!