Hi School Mums! My name is Amanda and I am the author of the cookbook ‘Food before 5’. I have 3 children and am always on the lookout for lunchbox and afternoon tea recipes. These are some of my favourites and I hope you can use them in your house too. If you are interested, please check out my cookbook which is for sale via the ‘School Mum’ website.
Amanda (Food before 5)
RICE BUBBLE SQUARES
10 mins, one bowl with no baking – everything you could want in a lunchbox recipe! I love making these for my children’s lunchboxes as it is something I can quickly whip up after dinner and have it ready for the following day.
They are a much cheaper alternative to LCM bars and your kids will love them!
- 100g marshmallows
- 100g butter
- 3 cups rice bubbles
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup rolled oats
- Line a slice tin (18cm x 28cm) with baking paper.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add marshmallows & butter. Cook on high for 1 to 2 mins or until melted. Stir to combine.
- Add rice bubbles, coconut & oats. Mix until combined.
- Pour into slice tin. Flatten out to edges & press down firmly.
- Refrigerate overnight to set. Cut into squares.
Storage: – In fridge, covered for up to 1 week.
– Freeze in airtight container for up to 2 months.
Post written by Amanda Arnold.
My name is Amanda and I am mum to 3 kids and author of a cookbook called ‘Food before 5’.
‘Food before 5’ is a cookbook with 85 recipes that are easy, affordable and realistic for any home cook. It includes lunch boxes, starters & sides, main meals and desserts that can all be made ahead of time so you don’t have to cook during the 5pm rush hour.
It is the perfect tool for the busy family dealing with after school sports, homework and toddlers who need LOTS of attention at that time of day. Trust me… this book WILL help you in the kitchen.
If you want to become a Fellow School Mum and stay updated with all the latest then click here!!