SchoolMum has recently been talking to one of Australia’s best known and loved parenting writers Michael Grose. We want to bring you the best and we have found all of Michael’s posts as well as his books to be super helpful.
So we were excited when we heard that Michael was running a new four week course to specifically look into a new tool for helping develop children’s emotional intelligence. The aim of the Mood Meter is to help your kids to better manage their emotions, to improve their mental health and to be happier …. Who wouldn’t want that haha
Starting in just a few days!
Here is a short video as an introduction to the ideas that you will learn in this course.
Who is the Mood Meter Program for?
Mood Meter Program for Parents
Learn how to develop emotional intelligence in your kids:
- Mood Meter is a practical tool developed by the research team at Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence
- Gives parents and kids a common language to talk about feelings
- Suitable for parents of all age groups
- The Mood Meter is great for kids that are visual learners, particularly boys
- Empower kids to recognise and then respond to how they feel
- Teach kids self-awareness and put them in control of their emotions