A quick chicken salad that everyone will love!
Thanks to Lisa from No Excuses – Easy Organising, easy cooking … making everyday a little easier for this fantastic recipe!
Ingredients (per bowl/serve)
1 chicken breast fillet, diced
2 tablespoons of either French, Dijon or your favourite mustard
½ cup of mushrooms, peel and diced small (optional)
2 tablespoons for dried or fresh herbs (oregano or parsley or mixed herbs)
2 tablespoons of fresh chives or shallots chopped (optional)
¼ cup cooked cous cous (optional)
Salt and Pepper
Mixed salad leaves
Purple cabbage cut finely
- Cut up chicken, put into a glass jug or bowl, mix in the mustard and herbs, drizzle a little olive oil into the chicken to moisten and marinate.
- Make up your favourite salad in a bowl, finishing by crumbling a little feta cheese on the top.
- In a frying pan, drizzle with olive oil and fry your chives or shallots with the mushrooms until soft.
- Add mustard chicken and cook to your liking – also adding salt and pepper (I like mine brown and grilled looking).
- If using cous cous, place on top of your salad followed by the cooked chicken and mushrooms, drizzle with your favourite salad dressing.
- Add a bit of ground black pepper and salt, toss and enjoy with a nice glass of white wine (or two)!
Prep Time 10mins : Cook Time 5mins