*This post is Sponsored by Steggles
During my quest to find a tasty recipe for chicken mince I also stumbled across San Choy Bow and could not resist so I decided to give it a crack!!
It was once again delicious and loved by all as although it is an Asian dish it has a very subtle flavour and fun little parcels!!
3 tbsp of Peanut Oil
2 tbsp of Fresh Grated Ginger
1 Crushed Garlic Clove
3 Thinly Sliced Shallots
500 Grams of Steggles Chicken Mince
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
230 Grams of Drained and Chopped Water Chestnuts
200 Grams of Fresh Beansprouts
2 tbsp Fresh Chopped Coriander
1. Heat Peanut Oil in work
2. Add crushed ginger and garlic and and thinly sliced shallots to oil in wok and mix together on high for 2-3 mins.
3. Add 500 grams of chicken mince and cook for 5 mins till meat has changed colour
4. Add 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce
5. Add 2 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce and mix through.
6. Add a 230 gram can of drained and chopped water chestnuts
7. Add 150 grams of washed bean sprouts and cook for 2-3 minutes
8. Remove from heat and place mince in a serving bowl
9. Mix through 2 tbsp of fresh chopped coriander
10. Spoon meat into washed iceburg lettuce cups
11. Garnish with uncooked bean sprouts
EAT AND ENJOY!!