It is no secret that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This is especially true for kids when they are going to school as it is jam packed full of learning and activity so they need lots of food to give them energy and help them concentrate.
It can be tough to decide what to give a child for breakfast, one because they can be fussy and it is difficult to force a child to eat something they don’t want to and two, because time is often limited in the morning only because of the hustle and bustle that tends to happen. We asked on the School Mum facebook page what were the best breakfast foods your kids ate and compiled a list below of the top 15 we would recommend ….
- Breakfast smoothies made with any fruit are a good choice with a side of toast.
- Muesli muffins are full of vitamins
- Yogurt, fruit and a side of toast.
- Porridge is a great way to start of a chilly morning
- Sultana Buds
- Any type of eggs … boiled, fried, and poached. Eggs cook in just a few minutes and are great for nutrition.
- Baked beans
- Grilled cheese sandwich. Quick to make and it’s portable!
- Quiche (make it the night before and reheat it in the morning)
- Granola and yogurt
- Banana bread
- 1 cup oats, 3 1/2 cup water, 1 cup diced apple, 1/2 cup sultanas, 2tblspn butter, good sprinkle of ground cinnamon, 2 tbsp. brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix all together in slow cooker and leave on low over night.
- Homemade fried rice full of veggies and bacon bits. This will fill your child and help keep the energy levels at its best.
All of these are great ideas, you can choose to make some of the foods ahead of time, and reheat them when they are about to be eaten.