We asked our School Mums to send us in their cleaning tips that makes housework quicker and easier.
Here are the top 20 tips:
- Have a set of cleaning products in each bathroom.
- Do a little bit everyday so it doesn’t become overwhelming.
- Set a timer. You will be amazed how much you get done when you’re trying to beat the clock.
- Clean as you go. No one wants a huge mess at the end of the day.
- Fold and put away clean washing straight away. It will save on ironing and mess around the house.
- Hang clothes straight from the washing onto plastic coat hangers to reduce ironing.
- Wash clothes at night and they are ready to peg out in the morning.
- Use a washing basket to go around your house at night and load in any toys you see and put them back in their right spot (or let the kids put them back in their right spot in the morning).
- Put on some music. Working to music is always better!
- Clean the shower while you’re having a shower.
- Take a plastic bag with you to each room to put any rubbish into.
- Wipe down all kitchen surfaces at the end of the day. It is always better to be greeted with a clean bench the next morning!
- Remember that your cleaners need cleaning too. Routinely clean cloths and mops and empty vacuum bags to save time in the long run.
- Clean from top to bottom. Vacuum last so that any dust or dirt gets removed as the final thing.
- Use paper towel in the microwave as a base before you put your dish down. It will absorb any splats and spills.
- Multitask where possible – fold the laundry whilst watching your favourite TV show.
- If you have stairs, have 2 baskets. One at the top of the stairs and one at the bottom. Put things in the basket that need to go downstairs when you next go and visa versa.
- Declutter regularly. The less things you have, the less you need to organise and/or clean.
- To clean your toilet – splash 1 cup of vinegar in your toilet at the end of the day and let it sit overnight. Then simply flush in the morning.
- Win the lotto and never clean again!!
Anything that wins back a bit of family time and down time is a winner in my opinion!